- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Chops with Almond Pesto Recipe
|Lamb chops||12 , french trimmed|
|Basil leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Pine nuts||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Ground almonds||100 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||175 Milliliter|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Lemons||2 (Use Finely Grated Zest And Juice)|
|Red onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Bulgur wheat||250 Gram, cooked|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Cucumber||1 , deseeded and finely diced|
|Olive oil||125 Milliliter|
Calories 1708 Calories from Fat 1264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 521.8 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 72 g143.7%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 78.6%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rub chops with oil and season both sides generously.
2. With a blender, prepare a mixture of basil leaves with ground almonds, pine nuts and garlic.
3. Slowly add oil as drops amidst blending to prepare a thick paste.
4. Take a bowl, add grated lemon zest, lemon juice, red onion, bulgur wheat, red pepper, deseeded & finely chopped, cucumber, deseeded & finely diced and olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Take a griddle, heat to smoking, add chops and cook for about 8 to 10 min, turning halfway through or till meat turns pale pink.
5. Spoon pesto over salad and top with chops. Serve immediately.