- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Chops Diable Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Lamb loin/Shoulder chops||12 Ounce (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 150.1 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 3% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) With a mortar and pestle, mash the garlic, salt and pepper into a smooth paste, add oregano leaves, mash well.
3) Stir in the lemon juice, mustard and honey until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
4) In a broiling pan, arrange the lamb chops, place on a rack and brush 1 side with 1/2 the garlic mixture. Place 2 inches from the heat source and broil for 3 minutes.
5) Turn over the chops, brush with rest of the garlic mixture and broil for anoother about 3 minutes until the chops are medium-rare.
6) Sprinkle the chops with bread crumbs and broil for about 30 seconds until the crumbs are lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.