- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Chilindron Recipe
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Canned pimientos||5 Ounce, drained and chopped|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stale bread slices||2|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2510 Calories from Fat 1363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g234.4%
Saturated Fat 54.8 g273.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 449 mg
Sodium 4246.7 mg176.9%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 143 g286.5%
Vitamin A 192.8% Vitamin C 320.5%
Calcium 39.6% Iron 137.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add lamb cubes and brown well on all sides.
3. Add paprika, onions, garlic and pimiento.
4. Turn heat to low and cook until onions are soft.
5. Add bay leaf, salt, tomatoes and wine.
6. Cover with vac-control valve closed. Cook over low heat about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
7. Cut stale bread into small cubes.
8. Fry cubes in hot olive oil in skillet until golden brown on all sides. Drain well on absorbent paper.
9. Add bread cubes to stew during last 10 minutes of cooking.