- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb and Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Dried split peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), cubed|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 363
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.4 mg
Sodium 1630.4 mg67.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 52 g104.5%
Vitamin A 122.2% Vitamin C 56.7%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Split bone in several places.
2) Take a kettle; put bone in it together with water and peas and bring to a boil.
3) Boil, covered for 2 hours and then add in remaining ingredients.
4) Simmer again for 30 minutes until vegetables are soft and translucent.
5) Remove bone.
6) Alternatively soup can be prepared in Pressure Cooker by cooking bone, 1 1/2 quarts water, and celery at 15-pound pressure for 15 minutes.
7) Remove the bone after reducing the pressure.
8) Remove any scraps of meat that is attached to bone and put back the meat in cooker.
9) Stir in rest of the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes at 15-pound pressure.
10) If desired, garnish with parsley and serve.