- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb and Red Onion Kebabs Recipe Video
|Lamb||350 Gram (such as neck fillet)|
|Red onions||2 Medium|
|Red pepper||100 Gram|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Medium, finely shredded (chiffonade)|
|Pitta bread||2 Medium|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Mint, cucumber and yoghurt dressing||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, baked stuffed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (For the marinade)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small (For the marinade)|
|Red chili||1 Medium (For the marinade)|
|Rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon (For the marinade)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (For the marinade)|
Calories 949 Calories from Fat 491
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.7%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.5 mg
Sodium 5055.5 mg210.6%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.4%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 44 g87.5%
Vitamin A 199.1% Vitamin C 233.2%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the lamb (by yourself or butcher) by cutting off any excess fat and cut the remaining meat into large dice to get a nice tender cut.
2. Peel and cut the onion into large dice.
3. Wash and dry the red pepper, then cut into quarters, remove the seeds and cut into largish square shapes.
4. Wash, dry and finely shred the lettuce.
5. Mix together the ingredients for the marinade in a clean dish, cover and put aside.
6. Fill your skewers with the lamb, onion and pepper until your skewers are full keeping a tiny space between each item to allow the kebab to cook evenly.
7. Place the lamb kebabs in a shallow dish and season to taste.
8. Pour over the marinade, cover with cling film and place the lamb kebabs in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
9. If you have any extra herbs and onion, spread them over a baking tray to give the kebabs a touch more flavor while being grilled.
10. Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat.
11. Remove the lamb kebabs from the marinade and place on the baking tray (with any spare onion and herbs).
12. Brush over a little of the marinade and place under the pre-heated grill.
13. Keep turning the lamb kebabs from time to time and brush with the marinade.
14. Grill the lamb kebabs until the lamb is slightly pink in the middle.
15. Slightly warm the pitta bread and carefully cut off one edge lengthways such that they open up like an envelope.
16. Place a good handful of the shredded lettuce in each pitta and place onto warmed plates.
17. Remove the lamb kebabs from under the grill and place neatly into the pitas.
18. Drizzle over some of the cucumber and yoghurt dressing and serve any remaining dressing in a small clean dish.
19. Add the baked tomatoes to the plate and serve immediately.