- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb and Potato Pies Recipe
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lamb||3⁄4 Pound, shoulder cut|
|Potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 2816 Calories from Fat 1536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.5%
Saturated Fat 48.1 g240.7%
Trans Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 218 mg
Sodium 2128.8 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 246 g82.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.7%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 67 g134.2%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 80.3%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 97.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 450° F
2. Prepare the pastry and cut it into saucer sized rounds after rolling it out thinly.
3. Cut the meat into tiny pieces and mix with the herbs, seasoning, onion and potato.
4. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture.
5. Add an equal amount of meat mixture on top of each pastry round and fold it after damping the edges.
6. Press the edges and make a flute them with your fingers.
7. Take a baking sheet and place the pies in an upright manner on it.
8. Glaze with some milk or egg..
9. Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes or until it starts to turn brown.
10. Decrease the oven temperature to 350° F and cook for an additional 40 to 45 minutes.
11. Serve hot.