- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb And Cabbage Soup Recipe
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled, diced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.7 mg
Sodium 381.6 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 36 g72.4%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow cooker or crock pot place the lamb and vegetables, sprinkle the seasonings, crumble the bouillon cube and pour the water on top. Give a good stir to mix well.
2. Close pot tightly with its lid.
3. Allow the lamb to cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours if you are preparing the soup for supper.
4. Once lamb is tender, using a slotted spoon remove it to a platter.
5. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat off the bone.
6. Skim the fat from top off soup.
7. Return shredded lamb and cabbage to the pot.
8. Cover again and let cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
9. Ladle the broth with meat and vegetables into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
10. Serve the soup hot with crust bread or with rice or noodles if you like.