- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb and Bean Ragout Recipe
|Dried white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Boneless lamb shoulder||2 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Bacon fat/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||20 Ounce (1 Can, 2 1/4 Cups)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lamb broth/Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 1002 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.3%
Saturated Fat 26 g129.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.2 mg
Sodium 1580.7 mg65.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 55 g109.9%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 64.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) Cover beans with water after washing well and bring to a boil.
3) Simmer for 2 minutes and leave aside for 1 hour.
4) Cook the beans again until tender.
5) Heat fat and brown lamb in it.
6) Stir in onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
7) Add in drained beans and rest of ingredients except flour.
8) Bake, covered for 2 hours in the preheated oven.
9) Blend flour with 1/4 cup cold water and mix in with the broth to thicken it.
10) Pour the broth into lamb mixture and bake again for 15 minutes.
11) Serve hot.