- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb and Almonds Recipe
|Onions||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Lamb||2 Pound, cut in 1/2 inch cubes|
|Yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), blanched|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 954 Calories from Fat 657
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.7%
Saturated Fat 34.5 g172.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.4 mg79.5%
Sodium 785.2 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 51 g102.9%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 39.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole or Dutch oven, saute the onions in the butter for 10 minutes; remove and keep aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix the ginger, turmeric, cumin, and lamb together, toss until thoroughly coated.
3) In the casserole, saute the lamb cubes in rest of the butter, until the lamb is lightly brown.
4) Stir in the onions, bay leaf, yoghurt and salt, cook covered
over a low heat for 45 minutes or until tender.
5) In a bowl, mix the ground almonds with the cream, stir into the casserole and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.