- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lady's Kisses ( Baci di Dama ) - Italian Recipe Video
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark chocolate||150 Gram|
|Almonds||150 Gram, peeled|
|Vanilla extract||3 Drop|
Calories 312 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.9 mg
Sodium 85.5 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl combine flour and butter mix them well, add the chopped almond with sugar followed by all the other ingredients except the dark chocolate.
2. Knead the dough but do not work on the dough for too long, wrap in cling film; let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. Prepare a lined baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Preheat the static oven at 320°F (160°C) and if you are using a fan oven then at 275°, only after the dough is kept to rest for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the dough and roll to make several sticks, then cut the sticks into pieces weighing about ¼ oz (6-8 g) each and roll them into balls.
6. Place these balls on the baking tray and let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
7. After 30 minutes bake the balls in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cookie base turns slightly golden brown.
8. Once the cookies are done let them cool on a cooling rack and start melting the chocolate in a bain marie.
9. When the chocolate is thick fill the content in the icing bag and put a drop on the flat side of the cookies and cover it with another cookie, our lady's kisses are ready.
10. Serve this cookie to your loved ones on Valentine’s Day.
Lady's kisses can be prepared either with almonds or hazelnuts.
If you want to store them, use a closed tin box and keep it in a fresh place.