- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lady Kook's Old Fashion Peanut Brittle Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Salted peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing baking pan)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3028 Calories from Fat 1358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.6%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1458.4 mg60.8%
Total Carbohydrates 388 g129.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.7%
Sugars 256 g
Protein 48 g96.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 54.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease the baking sheet with the butter.
2. In a saucepan add in the sugar, corn syrup and water. Boil on medium – high heat, dissolve to liquid. Boil until the temperature reaches 250 degrees F.
3. Pour in the vanilla extract, followed by peanuts. Continue to boil to 300 degrees F.
4. Pour the mixture over the greased baking sheet, spread and cool for 60 minutes.
5. Lift with spatula and break into pieces.
6. Serve Peanut Brittle with milk and let your kids enjoy!