- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lady Goldenglow (Second Mystery Cake) Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 (Rind Of 1/2 Orange)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 1⁄2 Ounce, melted|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 52.4 mg
Sodium 281.4 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add shortening to cream.
2) Add sugar and orange rind.
3) Beat egg yolks and combine with the mixture.
4) Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and alternately add with milk.
5) Finally spread in one beaten egg white.
6) Make two parts out of the batter.
7) Add chocolate to one part.
8) Use 3 greased layer cake pans, to pour the batter by tablespoons by alternating dark and white.
9) Place the cake pans inside oven.
10) Bake the cakes in Moderate oven for 20 minutes.
11) Serve the cake by covering with your choice of icing.