- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Thai Laab Moo Part 2 Recipe Video
|Toasted ground rice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pork||1 Pound, seasoned with tiny bit of fish sauce|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely sliced|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs), chiffonade|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.6 mg27.2%
Sodium 660.4 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mortar and pestle, pound the toasted rice.
2. In a shallow saucepan, simmer a little bit of water and cook the ground pork but do not brown.
3. When the pork is white, turn off the heat immediately.
4. In a large mixing bowl, transfer the pork and add finely chopped shallots.
5. Add the cilantro, mint, fish sauce, lime juice, chilli powder and the ground rice; toss it and shift it to a plate.
6. Serve Laab Moo with sticky rice and iceberg lettuce.