- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
La Madeleine Tomato Basil Soup Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled, cored and chopped (or use crushed canned whole tomatoes)|
|Tomato juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||14 Medium, washed|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet, unsalted butter||1⁄4 Pound|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.3 mg
Sodium 99.5 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 55.9% Vitamin C 70%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan, heat together tomato juice and diced tomatoes.
2. Add basil leaves and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Add butter and heavy cream and give it a stir.
4. In a blender or using a hand held immersion blender, puree the soup.
5. Season with salt.
6. Pour in a bowl and serve the soup piping hot.
You could substitute half the tomato juice with chicken or vegetable stock if desired.