- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
La Coupole Salad Recipe
|Belgian endive heads||1 Large|
|Mache/Use other tender, sweet greens||5 1⁄2 Bunch (550 gm), roots removed (4 Cups Leaves, Or 6 Small)|
|Beets||1 Cup (16 tbs), roasted|
|Walnut halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slightly broken|
|Roasted beets||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed (About 4 Small)|
|Walnut oil vinaigrette||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 137.5 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the root end of the endive.
2) Separate the leaves, rinse well, and pat dry.
3) Cut lengthwise into thin slivers and place in a large bowl.
4) Rinse the mache and shake dry.
5) Add the mache to the endive along with the walnuts. Toss well.
6) In a bowl, place the beets.
7) Toss with 2 tablespoons of the walnut oil vinaigrette. Set aside.
8) Just before serving, sprinkle the greens with salt and pepper.
9) Toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and then divide the salad into six portions.
10) Sprinkle the salad evenly with the beets and Roquefort cheese. Serve immediately.