- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kung Pao Wonton Soup Recipe
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Hoisin sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned reduced sodium chicken broth||43 1⁄2 Ounce (3 cans, 14 1/2 ounces each)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Sake/Rice wine /chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground red cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.5 mg
Sodium 1008.4 mg42%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 4% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, mix chicken, peanuts, 2 tablespoons of the onions and hoisin sauce.
2) Now, brush the edges of a wonton wrap with water.
3) Put some chicken mixture on half part of wonton wrap.
4) Fold it over the mixture to for a triangle.
5) Now press edges to seal well.
6) Repeat with remaining wonton wraps and chicken mixture.
7) In a 3-quart saucepan, mix remaining 2 tablespoons onions and remaining ingredients.
8) Bring it to boil. When the mixture boils add wontons and lower the heat.
9) Let it simmer uncovered until wontons rise to the surface.
10) Serve steaming wontons soup.