- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kumaoni Raita Recipe
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), finely chopped|
Calories 37 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 139.6 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 64.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel, wash and grate cucumber. Squeeze out excess water.
2. Roast fenugreek seeds. Then grind mustard seeds and roasted fenugreek seeds in a sil batta with a small quantity of water to make a paste.
3. Beat the curd to a smooth consistency.
4. Add paste of mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds, salt, turmeric and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
5. Then add grated cucumber and mix well. Allow to stand for some time so that the flavors blend.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve as side dish for any pahari meal.