- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup + 2 Tablespoons)|
|Granulated sugar||29 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 Teaspoon + 2/3 Cup)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vanilla bean||1 , split|
|All-purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4953 Calories from Fat 1433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 164 g252.9%
Saturated Fat 74.4 g372%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1118.9 mg
Sodium 2326.7 mg96.9%
Total Carbohydrates 759 g253%
Dietary Fiber 34 g136.1%
Sugars 278.4 g
Protein 113 g225.1%
Vitamin A 82.5% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 70% Iron 204.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a small saucepan, heat the rum and pour over the raisins in a small bowl, keep aside.
3) In a small saucepan, warm 1/2 cup milk, mix with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and yeast in a small bowl and keep aside for about 10 minutes.
4) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, seeds from vanilla bean and salt together.
5) Beat in 1 cup of the flour and stir in 2 tablespoons of milk and the yeast mixture, then beat in 2nd cup of flour.
6) Drain the rum from the raisins, reserve the raisins, and pour the rum into the batter. then beat in 3rd cup of flour.
7) Gradually beat in the butter in 4 portions, then stir in the 4th cup of flour.
8) Knead the dough with hands, turn on a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, adding flour if needed until the dough is soft and slightly sticky.
9) Shape the dough into a ball and place it in a buttered bowl. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until doubled in bulk.
10) Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface, flatten and fold in the raisins, knead until the raisins are evenly distributed.
11) In a 10-inch kugelhopf mold or bundt pan, apply a thick layer of butter and sprinkle the almonds into the bottom of the pan and rotate. 12) Shape the dough into a ball, slip the dough over the stem into the pan and press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about 2 hours, until doubled in bulk.
13) Place the pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
14) Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn on the rack to cool down.
15) Sift confectioners' sugar over the top when ready to serve.
16) Slice and serve on a serving plate.