- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Pudding rice/Other normal rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1605 Calories from Fat 463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.2%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.2 mg
Sodium 697.4 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.1%
Sugars 239.1 g
Protein 52 g104.5%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 181.4% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean, wash and drain the rice.
2. Pour the milk into a heavy bottomed pan. Sprinkle in the saffron threads.
3. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, bring the milk to the boil over moderately high heat.
4. Reduce the heat and add the rice and boil gently for 25 – 30 min.
5. Stir constantly with a smooth, sweeping action.
6. When the rice becomes creamy and slightly thick, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the sugar, mix well and allow the sweet rice to cool slightly and serve warm.
You can also offer this as neivedhyam.