- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Norwegian Krumkake Recipe Video
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted unsalted butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.4 mg
Sodium 121 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 15.3 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Gradually beat in the sugar at a medium speed, then increase the speed and beat for further 3-4 minutes.
3) Then on a low speed, beat in the flour, salt and vanilla jut the incorporate into a thick batter.
4) Add the melted unsalted butter and fold it in gently. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
5) The batter gets thicker, add a little warm water and gently stir.
6) Put a spoonfull of the batter in the Krumkake iron, press and cook for a minute or so. Remove and roll. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
7) Store the Krumkake in an airtight container. Add the filling just before serving.