- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Krispie Biscuits Recipe
|Margarine||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Self-raising flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Rice krispies||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg
Sodium 523.8 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 29% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 26.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 325° F, 160° C 15 minutes before baking time.
3. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and margarine and melt on a low flame.
4. When sugar has melted and dissolved in the margarine, take the pan off the heat and stir in the sultanas, beaten egg and flour, one at a time until well blended to form a batter like mixture.
5. In a plate or flat dish, spread the Rice Krispies.
6. Using a dessert spoon, drop the batter into the rice Krispies and using your hand, roll it into a ball, coating it generously with the Krispies.
7. Arrange the balls on the baking tray, keeping 2 inches distance between each biscuit.
8. Using a fork, lightly flatten each biscuit.
9. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes until the cookies are crisp and golden brown.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
11. Serve the cookies on a platter at a party and see them vanish in no time.
12. You can store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container.