- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kraut Salad Recipe Video
|Cabbage||1⁄2 (Regular Variety)|
|Pure olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (5% Acidity, Look For Whitehouse Brand)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 416.2 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 27.5% Vitamin C 140.8%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a shape knife cut and discard the core of the cabbage.
2. Slice the cabbage in thin strips or use a mandolin.
3. In a bowl, put the cabbage, salt, olive oil, black pepper and cider vinegar.
4. With your hands, stir and toss to mix all the ingredients. and allow to sit for at least 1 to 2 hours.
5. Serve with some pork chops, or as desired.
This salad will last unrefrigerated for at least 6 hours due to low PH (high acid).