- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canned almond paste||16 Ounce (2 Can)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4976 Calories from Fat 2378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 269 g414.2%
Saturated Fat 153 g765%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 816.2 mg
Sodium 493.5 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 567 g188.9%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95.1%
Sugars 180.8 g
Protein 63 g126.7%
Vitamin A 145.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 41.1% Iron 135%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn dough out onto pastry board; top with almond paste; press together and knead about 5 minutes, or until dough is smooth.
3. Make rings: Pack a small amount of dough at a time into a pastry bag fitted with a 3/4 -inch metal tip (#9 B is a good size); press out 8 graduated-length strips onto ungreased cookie sheets, using a ruler to measure each accurately. The first strip, for smallest ring, should be 4-inches long; each succeeding strip 1 1/2-inches longer, until the eighth measures 14 1/2 inches. For the longest strips, press shorter strips together. (If strips break, gentlypress to join again.)
4. Shape each strip into a ring; press ends with fingers to join. Shape and bake each large ring on a separatle cookie sheet; shape 2 or 3 smaller rings on one sheet, allowing at least 3 inches between. ,
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 15 minutes, or until lightly browned; cool 10 minutes on cookie sheet; gen tly loosen and slide onto wire racks to cool completely.
6. Make crown: Flatten a 2-inch strip of dough with palm of hand; cut out a star with a 3-inch star cutter; center over 6-ounce juice can or 1/4 -cup metal measuring cup; bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Assemble and decorate cake: Slide; largest ring onto serving plate; deco rate with loops of ornamental frosting, using #7 writing tip; place next largest ring on top before frosting' has set; continue until smallest ring, has been decorated. Outline crown with same tip; place on top of cake.