- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Krachel - Moroccan Sweet Breads Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Anise seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry yeast||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.6 mg
Sodium 74.2 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add yeast and ¼ cup warm water, mix well. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, mix all the ingredients together along with the yeast mixture. Mix well till it forms a ball.
3. Transfer into a food processor and knead it for 5 minutes or sprinkle flour on a flat surface and knead manually for 5 minutes or till it forms soft and elastic dough (add more flour if dough is too sticky).
4. Put it on a baking sheet, cover it with a cloth and let it sit for 1 hour to rise (when pressed gently the dough should return to original position, this indicates its ready).
5. Make small, egg sized balls and place it on parchment lined baking sheet, cover with a cloth and let it rise for another 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. After 1 hour brush with lightly beaten egg and decorate with sesame seeds.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or till done. Remove from the oven and let it sit for few minutes before serving.
9. In a serving plate, serve the bread with hot milk or any other beverage of your choice.