- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kosher Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Video
|Elbow macaroni/Shell macaroni||8 Ounce (quinoa or rice pasta for gluten free)|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.1 mg
Sodium 883.5 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 54.1% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, boil water, and cook pasta as per packet instruction. Drain and keep it aside.
2. Place sauce pan on medium low heat, and melt butter in it. Add flour and stir until smooth.
3. Pour milk in it. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
4. Throw in cheddar cheese, stir and cook until cheese melts.
5. Remove the pan from heat, and add pasta to it. Mix well.
6. Put the pan back on heat and allow pasta to absorb the liquid.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top, and serve pasta hot.
If you are planning to eat pasta later then instead of heating it again, you can put it in a casserole, top it up with buttered cornflakes and pop it back on the oven to heat before serving.