- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kosher Chicken Recipe with Apples and Fennel Recipe Video
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Chicken||1 Large, cut into eighths ((4 pounds))|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Tart apple||2 Medium, unpeeled, cored and in 1/4-inch slices|
|Manischewitz reduced sodium all natural chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.3%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225 mg75%
Sodium 1481.4 mg61.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 57 g114.2%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 156.8%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub over the chicken.
3. In an ovenproof saute pan, that is large enough to fit all the chicken in one layer without crowding the pan, heat oil over high heat and Brown chicken pieces about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
5. To the same pan, add onions, fennel, and apples; cook for 5 minutes, stirring to make sure they don’t burn.
6. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to the saute pan with onions, fennel, and apples; cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add broth and place pan in the oven. Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
8. Arrange chicken on a large platter. Surround chicken with onions, fennel, and apples. Pour pan juices over top.