- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sujeonggwa Recipe Video
|Sliced ginger||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon sticks||6 (2 inches each)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 31.5 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 49.2 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.97%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the ginger, wash it, and slice thinly.
2. Remove the stem of persimmons and rinse under cold water.
3. Remove the edge part of the pine nuts.
4. In a pot or kettle, place the ginger, cinnamon sticks and water.
5. Place the pot or kettle on high heat, cover with lid and boil for 20 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and allow it to boil for 25 minutes, if it boils over, remove the lid.
7. Turn off the heat, add sugar and stir.
8. Strain to remove the cinnamon and sliced ginger from the tea.
9. In a glass bowl, pour the tea and put in the dried persimmons.
10. Cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 12 hours.
11. In a serving bowl, spoon a persimmon and ladle the tea over it.
12. Put ice cubes and few pine nuts and serve cold.
It will keep for a couple of days in refrigerator.