- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean - Style Fried Tofu Side Dish Recipe Video
|Firm tofu||12 Ounce|
|Corn starch/Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 510.6 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 19% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedNonstick pan
1. Divide the tofu in half and slice it into ½ inch pieces, place it in a plate.
2. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the tofu, set aside.
3. Finely chop onion, green onion and carrots, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine soy sauce, water, sesame oil, sugar, black pepper, sesame seeds, minced garlic and vegetables.
5. Stir everything until well combined.
6. In a plate place cornstarch and coat the tofu in the corn starch mixture.
7. In a nonstick pan pour oil and fry the tofu on both sides over medium heat until it browns on all sides.
8. Once done place it on a paper towel.
9. In another pan place the fried tofu and pour the sauce, fry for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
10. Stir but do not break the tofu, once the sauce thickens turn of the heat.
11. Serve the fried tofu with steamed rice.