- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Sauteed Sea Plant Recipe Video
|Miyeok stems||1 Pound (about 1 pound)|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium|
|Mulyeot/Sugar||2 Teaspoon (or honey)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (or as required)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon, roasted (or as required)|
|Crabmeat||1⁄2 Pound (artificial)|
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg
Sodium 3162.2 mg131.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 29 g58.8%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 66.4%
Calcium 51.8% Iron 31.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Open a package of miyeok julgi (1 pound) with scissors.
2. Rinse it in cold water a couple of times until all the salt is gone.
3. Soak it in cold water for 10 minutes.
4. In a pot boil about 8 cups of water.
5. Drain the miyeok julgi and put them into a pot of boiling water and blanch them for 20 seconds.
6. Rinse in cold water, strain, cut them into bite size pieces and set aside.
7. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and slice half of a medium-sized onion and set them aside.
8. Split 3 sticks of crabmeat lengthwise into threads with your fingers. Cut them into bite size pieces and set aside.
9. Sometimes, if some miyeok julgi is not shredded thinly split thinly with your fingers
10. Heat up a pan over medium high heat and add some vegetable oil.
11. Stir it with a wooden spoon adding the minced garlic and sliced onion, for 10 seconds and then add miyeok julgi.
12. Keep stirring for about 3 minutes.
13. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoon mulyeot and the crabmeat threads and sautée another minute.
14. Turn the heat off and add 2 teaspoon of sesame oil.
15. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.