- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean-Style Pickled Garlic Chives Kimchi Recipe Video
|Garlic chives||10 Cup (160 tbs), trimmed|
|Onion||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), slice|
|Red hot pepper||3 Tablespoon, slice|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper powder||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the rice mixture|
|Sweet rice flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 826.3 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 79%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. In a pot pour water and add sweet rice flour, mix well to dissolve the flour and bring it to a boil.
2. Once the mixture thickens, turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
3. Clean and trim the ends, rinse and drain the chives and cut into 2 inch length pieces.
4. Slice the onions and red pepper, set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl combine the cooled rice mixture, red pepper powder, fish sauce, sugar, and garlic and sesame seeds.
6. Mix everything until well combined.
7. Add the garlic chives, onions and red pepper to the mixture and mix and coat everything well.
8. Once done refrigerate until needed.
9. Serve the garlic chives kimchi along with your meal.