- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean - Style Oyster Porridge Recipe Video
|Fresh oysters||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Short grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Oyster mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Carrot||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Seaweed paper||1 Medium|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 633.6 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 67% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 10% Iron 61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSaucepan
1. Soak the short grain rice in water,
2. Soak the dried kelp in 5 cups cold water for 30 minutes.
3. Chop the oyster mushrooms; chop the green onions and carrots.
4. Clean and rinse the fresh oyster, set aside.
5. Remove the kelp and reserve the water.
6. Drain the rice, set aside.
7. In a saucepan toast the rice with sesame oil for few minutes.
8. Pour the kelp water and bring it to a boil then cook for 15 minutes on medium heat or until rice is cooked.
9. After 15 minutes add the oyster mushroom, fresh mushrooms and carrots cook for 3 minutes, add green onions and season with salt.
10. Serve the oyster porridge hot and garnish with seaweed and sesame seeds.