- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Style Beef Short Ribs Recipe Video
|Beef short ribs||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut with the bones, trimmed with the big chunk fat|
|Onion||1 Large, slice|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), chopped finely|
|Soy sauce||10 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (black)|
|Baby portobello mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Green onions||2 , chopped finely|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 994 Calories from Fat 763
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.6%
Saturated Fat 36.2 g181%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172 mg
Sodium 1808.9 mg75.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil.
2. Add beef and bring to boil again.
3. Cook for 3 minutes and then drain. Rinse off ribs with cold water and drain.
4. In a large pan, combine ribs, onion and the next 4 ingredients (through black sesame oil).
5. Turn on medium high heat, stirring with a wooden spoon. Cover, bring to boil; stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in mushroom and sugar. Cover, cook another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and let it simmer for additional 5 minutes then stir in green onion and remove from heat.
8. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with sesame seeds and remaining sesame oil.
9. Serve warm with cooked rice.