- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Soybean Sprout Rice Recipe Video
|Soy bean sprouts||3 Cup (48 tbs), washed|
|Short grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kelp||1 Medium, chop (into 3x2 inch square)|
|For the beef|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cooking wine||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Hot pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 1006.5 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedRice cooker
1. In a bowl combine ground beef with soy sauce, green onion, cooking wine, garlic, sesame oil and black pepper.
2. Wash the short grain rice twice in cold water and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
3. Drain the water and pace the rice in it, add the kelp and pour water just enough to cover the rice.
4. Add the marinated beef and spread it evenly, add bean sprout and cook it for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
5. In a bowl combine soy sauce, green onion, garlic, hot pepper powder, sugar, sesame oil and sesame seed, stir and mix it well.
6. Once the rice is cooked remove the kelp and discard it.
7. Transfer the cooked rice into a large mixing bowl and break the beef if there is a lump.
8. Drizzle the sauce on top and mix it with the rice.
9. Serve with kimchi on the side.