- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Korean Soybean Soup Daenjangjigae Recipe Video
|Filtered water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cold)|
|Dried anchovies/Dried baby shrimp||2 Teaspoon|
|Potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2 inch bitesize pieces|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2 inch bitesize pieces (Asian Zucchini)|
|Firm tofu||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 2 inch bitesize pieces|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, chopped|
|Hot pepper||1 , chopped|
|Green onion/Onion||1 , chopped|
|Fermented soybean paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 74 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.6 mg
Sodium 155.1 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stone pot, heat together cold water and bring to boil.
2. Add in the shrimps or anchovies and allow to boil for about 20 minutes.
3. Mix in about 2 tablespoon of anchovy broth to the fermented soybean paste, stir to smoothen and add it back to the broth.
4. Sprinkle in the garlic, salt and hot peppers, and stir well.
5. Add in the potatoes, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
6. Add in the zucchini and green onion and cook for 5 minutes more.
7. Add in the tofu, stir lightly and let it simmer for 2 to 4 minutes.
8. Serve hot as desired.
This soup also goes well with hot rice.