- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Pork Platter Recipe
|Lean boneless pork shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1-inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, peeled, sliced, and separated in rings|
|Sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen cut green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Yellow squash||2 Medium, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and sliced|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68 mg
Sodium 1133.5 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.2%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 35 g69.3%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plastic zip bag or paper bag, place flour and pork. Shake well.
2. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the pork till browned.
3. Add curry powder, sugar, soy sauce, and ½ cup of water and continue cooking till bubbly.
4. Add pork pieces. Cover and cook for 1.15 hours until pork is tender and soft.
5. In another large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and sautee onions for 3 minutes. Push aside. Sautee the celery, green beans and squashes for a few minutes. Sprinkle salt on the vegetables and stir them all together. Add ½ cup water and cover allowing them to steam for 10 minutes till crisp and cooked.
6. Once cooked, drain the vegetables from the water. By this time, the pork should be tender and fully cooked.
7. Serve on a heated large platter, placing the vegetables and then the pork on top.
8. Serve with a cup of rice on the side.