- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tender Korean Beef Skewers with Vegetables (Pasanjeok) Recipe Video
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into finger length pieces about 1.5 cm thick|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cut into finger length pieces about 1.5 cm thick|
|Green onion||2 Medium, cut into finger length pieces about 1.5 cm thick|
|Asparagus||2 Medium, cut into finger length pieces about 1.5 cm thick|
|Sirloin steak||16 Ounce, cut into finger length pieces about 1.5 cm thick|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|For the marinade|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash, ground|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the batter|
|Dashi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 1820.5 mg75.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 116.7% Vitamin C 35.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Skewers
1. Take a bowl and add the minced garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, fresh black pepper and some Korean red pepper flakes. Mix well.
2. Toss the beef pieces into the marinade and combine until all the pieces are well coated. Put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
3. While the beef is marinating, take a bowl and combine the dashi, flour, egg and sake to make the batter. The batter consistency should be a little thinner than a pancake batter. Add more dashi or water to thin it if required.
4. In a pot of boiling water, blanch the vegetables for about a minute.
5. To assemble, take a skewer and pierce through it the steak and vegetables color co-ordinating them alternatively.
6. Take a skillet with some oil and pre-heat it to a medium high heat. Dip the completed skewers and dip them in the batter, shake off the excess batter and fry them gently until they are done.
7. Serve warm with hot steamed rice and kimchi.