- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Mung Bean Pancake (녹두 빈대떡) Recipe Video
|Main ingredients for the kimchi style|
|Well fermented kimchi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red hot pepper||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Main ingredients for the traditional style|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mung bean sprouts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fern bake||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ingredients for the batter|
|Mung beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried and peeled|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Marination ingredients for the pork|
|Ground pork||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking wine||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Black pepper||2 Pinch|
|Ginger powder||1 Dash|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg
Sodium 2713.9 mg113.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.6%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 39.2%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, soak the dried mung beans in water for 6 hours. After 6 hours, you will get about 1 cup of soaked mung beans.
2. After the beans are ready, combine all the ingredients for the pork in a bowl with the pork pieces. Mix and set it aside.
3. For the Kimchi Style, on a chopping board, chop the well-fermented kimchi and red hot pepper (optional) into small bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the green onion and onion. Keep aside.
4. For the Traditional Style, on a chopping board, chop the well-fermented kimchi, fresh mung bean sprout, and soaked fern brake into small bite sized pieces. Finely chop the green onion.
5. Rinse the soaked mung beans several times, drain and put it in a blender and add water. Grind the mung beans for a minute on high speed, or until you get a smooth bean paste batter.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the chopped veggies of any one style, marinated pork, and salt with the batter. Mix well.
7. In a generously oiled and heated pan, spread one big spoonful of the mixture into round shapes. Fry both sides for 5 minutes on medium heat until golden brown.
8. Serve the mung bean pancake with ketchup.