- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Egg Muffins (계란빵) Recipe Video
|For the batter|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salted batter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the muffin tray|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (Melted for Brushing the pan)|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.7 mg
Sodium 440.2 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.7% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 large eggs until foamy. Add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture. Add in the melted salted butter and milk. Mix it well until the consistency looks like a crêpe batter.
4. Put the batter in a quart-sized zipper bag. Zip the top tight and cut about ¼-inch from the edge of the bag with scissors.
5. Take a large cup cake or muffin pan, either with oval or round. Brush the inside of the cup cake pan surface with melted butter evenly.
6. Put about one or two Tbsp of the batter to the bottom of each pan by squeezing the bag. Make sure the batter completely covers about ¼ inch of the bottom surface.
7. Smooth the batter surface with a spoon. Break and place one egg on top of each muffin and sprinkle salt onto each egg.
8. Cover the egg with rest of the batter. Leave little bit of space for the muffins to rise on the top.
9. Transfer the tray into a preheated oven and bake the egg bread for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. After 25 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the bread in the oven for 5 more minutes to finish the cooking of the eggs.
11. To check whether the muffin has completely cooked, poke the center of the bread with a tooth pick, all the way through. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
12. Serve the egg muffins as a snack during tea time.
By putting the batter in a quart-sized zipper bag, will make it easier to get the right amount of batter in the baking pan. And squeezing out the batter makes it easy to fill in the spaces evenly without breaking the egg.
If you make less than 8 muffins, you will have left over batter. You can just pour the batter to the pan and bake it without the eggs. That is delicious too. It will be like corn bread crossed with hotcakes.
The 5 minutes standby of the oven will help you get perfectly cooked eggs.