- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Cold Soybean Sprout Salad (콩나물 냉채) Recipe Video
|Soybean sprouts||8 Ounce|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (3 cups for boiling + 1 cup ice cold water for rinsing the boiled sprouts)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Boiled in salt water)|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red sweet peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (for garnishing)|
|For the seasoning|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 286.1 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 109.1 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 190.8%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and drain about 8 ounces of soybean sprouts. Remove both ends of the soybean sprouts.
2. In a pan on high heat, pour water, add ¼ tsp of salt and boil. Once it starts boiling, add the soybean sprouts, cook covered for about 3 minutes on high heat.
3. Rinse the cooked soybean sprout in ice cold water, drain and keep aside.
4. On a chopping board, slice the skin off of the cucumber, leaving some of the cucumber flesh on it and then julienne the cucumber skin, red sweet pepper, and yellow sweet pepper into fine long strips.
5. In a small bow, mix together all the ingredients for the seasoning. Set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked and chilled soybean sprouts, julienned vegetables and pour the sauce over them.
7. Mix everything gently and sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top.
8. Serve the soybean sprout salad chilled as an appetizer.