- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Food: Beef and Sea Mustard Soup (소고기 미역국) Recipe Video
|Sea mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dried|
|Beef||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped into small pieces|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ingredients for cooking the meat|
|Soup soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1 Pinch|
|Ingredients for the seasoning|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soup soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28 mg9.3%
Sodium 1495.1 mg62.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, soak the dried sea mustard in water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes of soaking, the sea mustard will yield about 1 cup.
2. On a chopping board, cut the soaked sea mustard into bite sized pieces and keep aside.
3. In a hot pan, fry the chopped beef, add soup soy sauce, sesame oil, and black pepper. Fry until the beef is almost cooked on medium high heat.
4. Add in the chopped sea mustard and sesame oil, fry it for about 3 minutes on high until the beef is completely cooked.
5. Pour 3 cups of water in the pan. Once it starts to boil, add salt and soup soy sauce. Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high.
6. Add minced garlic and cook for another 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
7. Serve the beef and sea mustard soup in a bowl, garnished with chopped parsley.
After adding the soup soy sauce, and adjust the taste with salt or soup soy sauce if needed.