- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Katsu Fusion - Donkkaseu Recipe with Special Guest Qiranger Recipe Video
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Red pepper flake||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash|
|Kimchi||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced finely|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the broth|
|Dashi||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 373 mg
Sodium 3770.8 mg157.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 51 g102.6%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl, break 2 eggs into it, add chopped green onion stalks, red pepper flakes and mix them together. Season with a little bit of salt and a dash of sesame oil.
2. Take a bowl and mix the kimchi and the gruyere until they are well combined.
3. Put the pork piece in a plastic bag and pound it thin with a rolling pin. Cut the pork meat into big oval sizes and place one on a flat surface. Put some of the kimchi mixture into it and close it with another pork piece of the same size on top of it. Press it with your palm and seal it close, and coat it with beaten eggs, flour and the panko.
4. Take a wok and pre heat oil (about 3-inches oil) to about 350 F and deep fry the coated pork pieces for 5-6 minutes until the surface turns golden brown.
5. In a pan make a simmering broth with a cup of dashi and 2 tablespoons each of soy sauce and Mirin and a a tablespoon of sake.
6. Cut the donkkaseu into 3-inch strips. Take a hot 10-inch skillet and place the donkkaseu strips on to it. Pour the simmering broth over the pieces on the skillet. Pour just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Then over this pour the seasoned egg mixture prepared earlier. Close the lid of the skillet and cook till the egg is just set.
7. Serve the donkkaseu warm. It can also be served with donkkaseu sauce poured over the top of the fried pork with some shredded cabbage. The katsu can also be fried with the egg mixture poured on top and served warm.