- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Chive Pancake with Calamari and Shrimp Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped 1 inch long (around 2 1/2 cups)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Calamari||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, deveined and chopped|
|Shrimps||7 Large, peeled and deveined|
|Thai chili||4 , deseeded, finely chopped|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.1 mg
Sodium 602.6 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, black pepper, sea salt, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder and corn starch. Mix together with a whisk.
2. Pour water little by little and whisk to combine well.
3. Add chive, red bell pepper, onion, zucchini, Serrano peppers, chopped calamari. Mix well.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; add 3 tablespoons oil; swirl to coat and heat.
5. Add 1/4 cup pancake mixture each time, spread out 1/3 inch thick, 5 inch wide.
6. Place a shrimp on each of them and press it down.
7. Cook 4 minutes each side or both side crispy, golden brown and cooked. Press down pancake while cooking for extra crispy.
8. Remove, place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining batter.
9. Serve with lemon wedges and sour soy sauce.