- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Chicken Strips Experiment - Test Kitchen Recipe Video
|For the fried chicken strips|
|Chicken breasts||2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For coating the chicken strips)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten (For coating the chicken strips)|
|Panko breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as needed)|
|For the sauce|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Gochujang||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||4 Tablespoon (Use as required)|
|Salt||To Taste (If required)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (or more if needed For deep frying)|
Calories 1104 Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.3%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.1 mg62%
Sodium 1729.6 mg72.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.6%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 52 g103.7%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cast iron skillet, heat up some oil up to a couple of inches deep.
2. In the meanwhile, dredge the chicken strips, by coating it with first with flour, then egg and then the panko breadcrumbs.
3. Slide in the pieces of chicken into the hot oil and fry them until golden brown or until internal temperature reaches 180 degree F . Set them aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, prepare the sauce by adding sesame oil, gochujang, soy sauce, honey and some hot water. Add few drops of the hot water at a time till the desired consistency is achieved.
5. Once the sauce is ready, add the fried chicken strips to it and toss until they are well coated with the sauce.
6. Serve the chicken strips garnished with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.