- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Bulgogi (BBQ Beef 불고기) Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Gochugaru)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium, shredded, divided|
|Beef boneless steak||1 Pound, sliced|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.9 mg
Sodium 1512.8 mg63%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and honey.
2. Add minced garlic to the mixture.
3. Put the beef, sesame seeds, green onion (retain some for garnish), yellow onion and garlic.
4. Using clean hands mix it well to coat all well with the sauce.
5. Cover with a wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour (ideal time is 5 hours).
6. Heat a frying pan with cooking oil and stir fry the marinated beef in batches.
7. Cook till the beef is done and cooked well.
8. In a serving plate, serve the bulgogi garnished with shredded green onions.