- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Bean Sprout Salad Recipe
|Mung bean sprouts||1 Pound|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Green onion tops||6|
|Pepper||1⁄2 (Red Or Green)|
|Oriental sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce/Regular soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Large, pressed|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sesame seeds||4 Tablespoon, hulled|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 296.8 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 12% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse bean sprouts, place in a colander and pour over boiling water.
2) In a large bowl, drain and place the bean sprouts.
3) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the green onions until finely minced and add to sprouts.
4) Add green pepper to the processor bowl, process until coarsely chopped and add to the spouts.
5) Add sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, salt and cayenne, toss gently to mix.
6) In a non-stick pan, toast the sesame seeds over a medium heat until light brown and add to the salad.
7) Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
8) Spoon into individual serving dishes and serve immediately