- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Andong Jjimdak (Simmered Chicken in soy sauce) Recipe Video
|Glass noodles||150 Gram (Korean glass noodles used)|
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into bite sized pieces|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, roughly chopped|
|Green onions||4 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Napa cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|For the soy mixture|
|Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ginger/Ginger powder||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Dried chilies/Red pepper flakes||3 Medium, crushed (Alternatively if using red pepper flakes, use 2 tablespoons of it)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 802 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.6 mg42.5%
Sodium 2949.1 mg122.9%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 40 g79%
Vitamin A 235.8% Vitamin C 67%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 26%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pan and boil Korean glass noodles until tender. Strain them and rinse in cold water and set them aside for a while.
2. In a bowl mix together soy sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, crushed dried chilies, ground black pepper, honey, Mirin and sesame oil. Combine together.
3. In a pan with oil brown the chicken. Add water and the soy mixture. Then add the onion and green onions. Mix well, cover and simmer on medium till the vegetables are almost tender.
4. Add the chopped napa cabbage just before finishing. Mix well, cover and cook for 3 more minutes.
5. Finally add the glass noodles and mix well.
6. Serve warm.