- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kofta With Curry Sauce And Cucumber Recipe
|Pork leg/Neck end of pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed, minced|
|Chilli powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground turmeric||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄2 Inch, chopped|
|Soya flour/Besan flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Besan/Soya flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped coriander leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley sprigs||1 Teaspoon|
|Cucumber||8 Ounce, sliced into 1 1/2 inch lengths and quartered (250 Gram)|
|For curry sauce|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||8 Ounce, very finely chopped (250 Gram)|
|Onions||8 Ounce, finely chopped (250 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Cinnamon stick piece||1 Inch|
|Ground coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||8 Ounce, grated (250 Gram)|
|Ripe tomatoes/250 gram canned whole tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned and seeded (500 Gram)|
Calories 543 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 283.3 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g45%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 37 g74%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 72.6%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat a large browning dish for 5 to 7 minutes (or for the maximum time allowed in the manufacturer's instructions).
2) In the preheated dish, heat oil and cook onion, uncovered, in a microwave for about 5 minutes on high, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent and lightly browned.
3) Mix in garlic, cinnamon stick, cloves, coriander, cumin, chilli powder, bay leaf and salt and again cook on high for 30 seconds.
4) Stir in potatoes, tomatoes and 45 cl (3/4 pint) of water and cook the sauce, covered for 20 minutes on high, stirring occasionally. If the dish is covered with a plastic film, allow a small corner open to give vent to steam.
5) In the meantime, in a bowl, mix together chilli powder, turmeric, cardamom, salt, ginger and flour.
6) Mix in chopped coriander and parsley.
7) Figure the mixture into 16 sausage shapes or balls and keep aside.
8) Once the sauce ingredients are cooked, process them in a food processor or blender to make a puree.
9) Strain the puree through a sieve and then pour the sauce back to the dish.
10) Place the kofta in the dish and then microwave, covered for 5 minutes on high.
11) Redistribute kofta, exchanging those round the edges with those in the centre.
12) Apply sauce over kofta and then cook on high for 2 minutes.
13) Mix in cucumber pieces and microwave for 1 minute more.
14) Serve hot.