- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lebanese Knafeh Na'Ama Recipe Video
|Kataifi phyllo dough||1 Pound, shredded|
|Sweet cream butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), melted (3 sticks)|
|Ricotta cheese||15 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Mozarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pistachio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Mediterranean simple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 637 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g124%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.7 mg36.6%
Sodium 355.3 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, crumble the Phyllo dough (kataifi) with your hands and then add melted butter and mix completely.
3. Put half of the mixture in the bottom of a non-stick pan and spread out as a crust.
4. In a large bowl combine the ricotta cheese and mozerella cheese.
5. In a small pan slightly heat the milk for 1 minute. Put the semolina and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add the semolina mixture to the cheese mixture and combine well.
7. Pour cheese mixture in the pan on top of the phyllo dough (kataifi) crust and spread evenly.
8. Put the rest of the phyllo dough mixture evenly on top of the cheese mixture to form another crust on top.
9. Place pan in oven and cook at 350-400 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Take out and let stand for 30 minutes and then invert onto a nice plate.
11. In a serving plate, garnish the knafe with ground pistachio nuts. Serve with simple syrup.