- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Kiwifruit Jam Recipe Video
|Kiwi||10 Small, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 935 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.59 g0.9%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.2 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 245 g81.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 225.2 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 251.9%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a micro wave safe bowl add the kiwi fruit and lemon juice, Apple and mix and microwave for 3mins.
2) Add sugar and stir till the sugar is dissolved.
3) Place the bowl back into the microwave for 18mins stirring the bowl after completion of every 1min for the first 3mins.
4) To test if the jam is set use a chilled saucer and check if the jam is thick enough to stay separated when a line is drawn in between it using your finger.
5) Place the jars in a low oven (about 100 degrees) for 30mins prior to which they need to be washed thoroughly.
6) Pour the jam in the jars and place the jars upside down for 5mins to create a seal.
7) Serve on your choice of bread and toast or cakes.
The same method can be used to make jams of any fruit of your choice.