- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Etouffee and Parmesan Cheese Grits Recipe Video
|Cajun seasoning||4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Shrimp stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Thyme sprig||1 Medium|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, cooked|
|For the grit|
|Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 863 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g157.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 498.2 mg166.1%
Sodium 1057.8 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 58 g116.8%
Vitamin A 92.5% Vitamin C 91.5%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 54.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the grits: In a pt on medium high, melt the butter, add garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
2. Pour in the chicken stock, mix well. Stir in the grits, mix well and cook it for about 10 minutes on low heat or until cooked.
3. Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese and mix well. Let this cook for another minute and switch off the heat. Keep it warm when serving.
4. For the shrimp etouffee: In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil, add garlic, onions, green peppers, celery, salt and pepper to taste, tomatoes and stir fry and simmer this mixture for about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the flour and mix well. Cook this for 1 minute.
6. Pour the shrimp stock, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, thyme, mix well and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
7. After 10 minutes, stir in the green onions, parsley, cajun seasoning and mix well.
8. Stir in the shrimp and mix until well combined. Let it cook for another 3 minutes. Switch off heat and get ready to serve.
9. In a soup bowl, ladle about 2 tablespoons of the grits mixture and top it off with the shrimp etouffee, mixture garnished with parsley. Serve hot.